- 36 fresh sage leaves – 30 torn in half (1/2 cup), 6 left whole for garnish
- 5 Meyer lemons or regular lemons – 3 quartered, 2 sliced for garnish
- 6 Tbs. light brown sugar
- 12 oz. bourbon or unsweetened iced tea
- 6 oz. seltzer water (3/4 cup)
- Chill 6 tumblers in freezer
- Make each drink individually by placing 10 sage leaf halves, 2 lemon quarters, and 1 Tbs. brown sugar in shaker. Mash together with muddler or back of spoon 30 seconds, or until aromatic.
- Add 4 ice cubes, and top with 2 oz. bourbon and 1 oz. seltzer. Shake well.
- Fill chilled tumbler with crushed ice. Strain julep mixture from shaker over ice, and garnish with Meyer lemon slice and sage leaf.
PER 1-CUP SERVING 186 cal; <1 g prot; <1 g total fat (<1 g sat fat); 15g carb; 0mg chol; 5mgs od;<1g fiber; 14g sugars